16 Mill Yard (#1)
(next to Flatbread Pizza)
Amesbury, MA 01913
Call us @ (978) 417-2377
GYROTONIC® – Why GYROTONIC®?
• Improved Strength & Flexibility
• Correction of Muscular Imbalances
• Increased Energy and just Plain Feeling Good
GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® is prescribed for Sports Performance and Injury Prevention, Back Pain and Accident Rehabilitation.Gyrotonic Exercises can: tone, strengthen legs to look longer & leaner, sculpt your body and free your spine
GYROTONIC® movement works its magic, whether you are in great shape or just want to get in shape. It really is for everybody:
overworked, under-exercised, highly trained athletes, anyone at any age, any physical condition will benefit
PILATES – Why Pilates?
The Pilates Method of Exercise: Core strength is the foundation of Pilates exercise. The core muscles are the deep, internal muscles of the abdomen and back. When the core muscles are strong and doing their job, as they are trained to do in Pilates, they work in tandem with the more superficial muscles of the trunk to support the spine and movement
At Positive Works Studio we also offer expert Pilates instruction. We believe that Pilates, TRX, Active Isolated Stretching and Gyrotonic exercise methods are valuable and complementary.
Why Active Isolated Stretching?
• Our foundational modality is Active Isolated Stretching (AIS), a gentle yet highly effective form of Isolated Muscle Stretching.
• Active Isolated Stretching works with the body’s natural intelligence to safely elongate muscle and deep myofascial tissue.
• Using precise bodily positioning, AIS isolates specific muscles for a stretch lasting no more than 2 seconds (yes, 2 seconds!).
• This 2 second stretch allows for optimal flow of blood, oxygen and nourishment without triggering the protective contraction of the muscle avoiding painful tears caused by prolonged static stretching.
• The stretch is repeated up to 10 times to gradually increase mobility in the muscle and joint.
• The isolated contraction builds specific muscle tone and strength and trains muscles to fire in the correct patterns therefore increasing bodily awareness and coordination.
• There are many benefits of learning the method of AIS:
greater isolated flexibility, greater isolated strength, greater body awareness, address common postural misalignment, repair injured muscles, open joints, and break up scar tissue, awaken dormant or atrophied muscles, blind spots such as weak or stiff tissue may be identified and addressed, gain an intuitive sense of movement and alignment in sport or in life
• AIS teaches you how to isolate, stretch, and strengthen virtually every muscle of the body.
“Come In and Feel, Move and Believe the Results”
To compare GYROTONIC® & Pilates, please click below:
Neural Reset Therapy (NRT)®
In your body there are specialized nerve bundles called mechano-receptors. These receptors respond to pressure, velocity, vibration, stretch and other forces. When receptors detect a change a signal is sent to the spinal cord and then relayed to the brain.
With NRT®, the therapist briefly stimulates the receptors embedded in the selected muscle by asking for a position to be held on for a movement in a particular direction. Or the therapist taps on a muscle in such a way as to cause receptors to send a special message to the spinal cord.
That new message goes through the spinal integrating center which will reset the nervous system so the muscle is optimized neurologically. With the reset, the muscular pain and tightness disappears within seconds.
To read more about NRT® click here:
To view video about NRT® click here:
Please click the button above to read the Department of Neurosciences and Biomedical Technologies article about the comparison of "Static" and "Active" Stretching Techniques on hamstring flexibility:
"Static" Vs."Active" Stretching Techniques
Biofield Tuning® - What is it?
Biofield Tuning is a unique non-medical therapeutic method that uses sound waves produced by tuning forks in the biomagnetic field, or biofield, that surrounds the human body. Biofield Tuning was developed by pioneering researcher and practitioner Eileen Day McKusick and is based on her 20 years of clinical inquiry into the Biofield Anatomy. It is a simple, non-invasive, and efficient method that can produce profound and powerful outcomes.
Biofield Tuning sessions can be experienced in person or at a distance, singularly or in a group, with Eileen, or with one of her certified practitioners ... like Karen Ortiz. For those interested in becoming a Biofield Tuning practitioner, certification programs are available either as a stand-alone practice or integrated into an existing massage, reiki, chiropractic, or other holistic therapy background.
To learn more about Biofield Tuning click: